Atomicists are Old World Cultists located in the Southwest deserts of the former United States and in North-west Mexico (excluding the Baja region). They believe in a godlike power known as the Atom. As the game goes on, Atomicist uprisings will occur in and near their Holy Cities, giving the rulers an option to fight it, or convert to Atomicism themselves. There is and can exist no religious head.
As of July 4, 2666, Atomicism is generally confined to the American Southwest and the Mexican Northwest. Later in the game, Russian Atomicist invaders cross the Bering Sea into the Vancouver area and the Pacific Northwest.
Holy Sites Edit
- Three Mile Island: Site of the 1979 partial nuclear meltdown.
- Oak Ridge: Refined Uranium for the Nuclear Bombs dropped in WWII, and home of Oak Ridge National Laboratory.
- Chicago: Home of the first man-made nuclear reactor (Chicago Pile-1).
- Los Alamos: Testing site of the first nuclear bomb.
- Livermore: Home of Lawrence Livermore National Security Laboratory, specializing in Nuclear Deterrents.
Atomicist characters have a decision to bless their children with the power of the Atom, giving them a same-religion opinion bonus but having the potential to reduce their stats. Potential uprisings can also occur at or near Atomicist Holy Sites.
Atomicists have no heresies.
Realms at Start of Game Edit
- The Fifty-One
- Los Alamos
- New Mexico
- The Pharaohs
- Sierra Madre